EULAR Research Support Overview
EULAR’s Virtual Research Centre (VRC) offers a range of services and resources, including training and funding, to support RMD research of investigators from EULAR-affiliated countries.
- EULAR Scientific Training Grant for Young Fellows (short-term 1-3 weeks)
EULAR awards training grants for stays of 1-3 weeks. The amount of the grant depends on the length of stay.
- EULAR Scientific Training Grant for Young Fellows (long-term 1-6 months)
EULAR awards up to 10 training grants per submission deadline for stays of 1-6 months. The amount of the grant depends on the length of stay.
- Educational visits for health professionals in rheumatology
FOREUM is an independent fundraising institution for research funding based in Switzerland and supported by EULAR.
- EMEUNET Postdoc Mentoring Programme
- EMEUNET Peer Review Mentoring Programme
- EMEUNET Mentor-Mentee-Meetings
- EMEUNET Research Institute Database
- EULAR COVID-19 Registries
A European paediatric and adult registry to monitor and report on outcomes of “Coronavirus Disease 2019” (COVID-19) occurring in patients with rheumatic and musculoskeletal diseases (RMDs). The registry is based on doctors voluntarily reporting cases. It will help guide rheumatologists and other clinicians such as specialist nurses in advising and caring for their patients.
Research Support Services and Resources
- Clinical Research Support
The EULAR Clinical Research Support includes a consultation service that provides research advice for investigators to improve the quality of their clinical research focused on RMDs. Service areas range from advice on study design to data analysis and the reporting of research results, study protocol design, and scientific communication.
- Translational Research Support
Helps researchers get access to the latest technology to perform innovative and high-quality research on rheumatic and musculoskeletal diseases. The idea is to improve the quality of research and remove access barriers to innovative technology-driven research methods and equipment that researchers in low-resources settings may face..
A EULAR network of imaging centres provides education in imaging techniques and support with developing research projects.
Research Consortia Support
- Research Consortia Partnerships
EULAR collaborates with consortia across Europe to help incorporate the patient perspective in all stages of international research on rheumatic and musculoskeletal diseases (RMDs). Interested consortia are invited to submit a collaboration request.
Centres of Excellence
- EULAR Centres of Excellence in Rheumatology
EULAR collates a register of the top research centres in European rheumatology to develop a group of first-class research centres for active researchers, to enable exchange of fellows' research projects, and to link with Brussels. EULAR invites centres of rheumatology research in Europe to apply for recognition as "EULAR Centre of Excellence in Rheumatology.” A designation is valid for 5 years after which time a centre can reapply for prolongation.
Sign up to the EULAR Research Newsletter
To keep up to date with EULAR and developments around the EULAR Virtual Research Centre, sign up to receive the Newsletter here.
The EULAR Research Consultation Service
How does it work and what can you get?
Related news stories
- EULAR launches new service to provide expert research advice for translational science investigators across Europe
- EULAR Launches Consultation Service to Provide Expert Research Advice for Investigators in EULAR-Affiliated Countries
- EULAR Launches Virtual Research Centre
EULAR Research Interview Series
Contact the Research team at firstname.lastname@example.org