EULAR Research Consultation Service
The EULAR Research Consultation Service matches investigators with experienced research experts in a range of areas to help them develop, improve, and execute high-quality research focused on rheumatic and musculoskeletal diseases (RMDs). The table below lists the service areas and examples.
Supported research domains include:
- Basic/Translational Research (using patient/human materials, e.g., cells, serum, tissue, or dedicated animal models of RMDs to address bedside-to-bench research questions)
- Clinical Research
- Epidemiology and Public Health
- Health Services Research
- Implementation Science
|Hypothesis development and research aims||
|Data collection and management||
|Participant recruitment strategy||
|EU grant writing support||
Who appoints consultants to incoming requests? See our expert panel members
The service will be available to investigators who are currently residing and working in EULAR-affiliated countries. Support will be limited to 2 annual projects per investigator per calendar year.
- The service is free for the first two years after launch. Early adopters are expected to provide feedback to improve the service offerings.
- After the pilot phase , a graded fee system will be introduced, including free initial consultation services, that will be continued for modest fee recovery, lined pro-rata to the amount of consultation service utilised.
Participation of Patient Research Partners
It is highly desirable that patient research partners will be involved in any projects that EULAR will support.
Diversity and Inclusiveness Statement
EULAR welcomes applications from a diverse pool of highly talented scientists with diverse backgrounds in EULAR-affiliated countries. Individuals from racial and ethnic groups that may be underrepresented in RMD research are encouraged to apply.
This EULAR Research Consultation Service is part of a series of efforts to broaden research access and build capacity across every facet of the European scientific research enterprise—from basic laboratory research to clinical and translational research to policy formation. The EULAR Research Centre seeks to build the intellectual depth, research subject expertise, creativity and a wide range of skill sets and viewpoints that can furnish these ambitions.
The Consultants will hold in strict confidence all information, which he/she knows or should know that it is confidential. In particular, the Consultant will hold all information relating to the requestor’s research project in strict confidence, except instructed otherwise by the researcher in writing (e-mail is sufficient). This undertaking shall continue to be in force for a duration of 3 years after the termination of the Research Consultation Service agreement.
EULAR expects a high standard in the conduct of research it supports. For researchers this includes scientific integrity and adherence to the principles of good research practice. Patients subjected to investigation shall be included with due adherence to the declaration of Helsinki.
Acknowledgment of the EULAR Research Consultation Service
All publications and projects supported by the utilisation of the EULAR Research Consultation Service are required to credit EULAR.
- Citation language: “This work was supported by the Research Consultation Service [add other services or databases as applicable] offered through the European Alliance of Associations for Rheumatology (EULAR). The content is solely the responsibility of the authors and does not necessarily represent the official views of EULAR."
- If the project was supported by one or more EULAR consultants and you would like to acknowledge them by name in the manuscript, please request their permission. Citation language: "We thank [Name of consultant] who supported the study in [his/her] role as a consultant for the Research Consultation Service offered through the European Alliance of Associations for Rheumatology (EULAR). The content is solely the responsibility of the authors and does not necessarily represent the official views of EULAR."
For any questions please contact email@example.com.
Sign up to the EULAR Research Newsletter
To keep up to date with EULAR and developments around the EULAR Research Centre, sign up to receive the Newsletter here.
Related news stories
- RMD Open Viewpoint: Levelling the playing field of RMD research across Europe to address patients’ needs: the emerging EULAR Research Centre
- EULAR launches new service to provide expert research advice for translational science investigators across Europe
- EULAR Launches Consultation Service to Provide Expert Research Advice for Investigators in EULAR-Affiliated Countries
- EULAR Launches Virtual Research Centre
EULAR Research Interview Series
Contact the Research team at firstname.lastname@example.org